Elder Care Funds will be utilized to assist Berkshire elders with emergency needs. A three-member committee reviews all requests for assistance through the Elder Care Fund and approves or disapproves all requests submitted.
1. Funds are availble to people 60 or older & those who are under 60 AFC/GAFC consumer or SCEP enrollee.
2. The request must be for a Berkshire County Resident and must be an emergency.
3. Goods or services cannot be funded any other way.
4. The Elder Care Fund Committee will begin processing all requests within 24 hours of receipt of request.
5. Application to the fund may be made by anyone.
6. Funds are available to an elder once per calendar year.
7. Each request will be capped at a maximum of $250.00
8. Recipients will be expected to pay back funds.
A letter will be written to each recipient acknowledging that ESBC Elder Care Fund was made available for their use. Arrangements for re-payment will be addressed in the letter.
*Under serious extenuating circumstances, the committee will consider waiving 6 through 8.
Last formal update: 12/2020