GAFC is a specialized housing program which provides up to one hour of daily care and supervision at no additional cost. The individual can continue to remain in the community in their home environment with this daily service and also receives ongoing monitoring and case management from a Registered Nurse and Social Worker.
Someone can qualify for GAFC if they:
- Are age 60 or over, or chronically disabled between the ages of 21-59
- Are receiving Medicaid/ MassHealth or meet the income guidelines for Medicaid
- Have a medical condition that limits their ability to care for themselves and need daily care and supervision
- Are willing to have an aide assist them every day
- Live in a designated supportive housing area, such as senior housing.
Individuals who meet both Medicaid and SSI income criteria and who reside in a certified Assisted Living Facility may be eligible for additional funds to board costs in the facility through the GAFC program.
Last formal update: 11/2019